The college conducts the following co-curricular activities to help the students for all round personality development:
- Community Service Camp in a rural setting to develop social values and service to society.
- Educational tour - to give opportunity to students to see and understand the various places of historical importance and appreciate the diverse culture of India – to develop leadership quality in planning and administration.
- Socially Useful Productive Work – opportunity for becoming self-reliant and resourceful.
- School visits – an exposure to the functioning of different types of institutions and other organizations at different levels pertaining to the subjects in the curriculum.
- Community Work and Outreach programmes to inculcate service to society and reach out to the under privileged consequently inculcating the value of the dignity of labour.
- Red Cross Association activities will enable students to develop a humanitarian outlook and work for the cause of society.
- Guest Lectures by experts in the relevant subjects of the curriculum to get in-depth knowledge of the subject.
- Morning Assembly to inculcate discipline in thought, word and deed.
- Counselling Unit – Vocational and Career guidance is given to enable students to procure placements. Campus interviews are arranged to enable students to join schools immediately after the completion of the course. At present the students approach the faculty to overcome their academic and personal problems.
- Remedial Teaching – Spoken English classes are conducted for students who experience difficulty in English usage. Simplified materials and extra classes for students requiring individual attention are provided.
- Subject Associations provide opportunities for
more activities such as quiz, competitions, debate, panel discussion,
etc. as part of the curricular activities.
- Interest Clubs - Students select an interest club of their choice. They plan out activities and carry them out during the course of the year. The interest clubs includes:
- Nature Club
- Electronics Club
- Literary Club
- Fine Arts Club
Inter-Collegiate Cultural Programme: To tap the talents and develop leadership qualities which in turn equip teacher trainees with values like sacrifice, tolerance, teamwork and to provide opportunities for additional learning situations, organisational skills and public speaking.
Inter-Collegiate Sports Meet: To bring Colleges of Education together, to encourage students in athletics and team games and to help teacher trainees in planning, organizing and conduct of sports and games.
Students are encouraged to participate in inter-collegiate competitions such as elocutions, debates, dance, drama and writing of poetry, music-vocal and instrumental. This will enable the students to involve and develop essential social skills. Talented students are identified and given opportunities to represent the college in various programmes conducted by other colleges and other organisations.
Towards the end of the year students' feedback on teachers is obtained through appraisal questionnaire to ascertain their proficiency in the subject, discipline, communication, relationship with students, interest in student welfare and the staff are appraised on their weaknesses and strengths. This is done with the objective of helping the faculty to modify and develop teaching practices in order to achieve excellence in education.
The main aim of this system is to help the teachers to interact with the students and to provide positive counselling tips to the problems faced by the students from time to time.
National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) coaching classes are organized.
Extension Services Department
One of the three colleges in TamilNadu that has an Extension Services Department. In-Service progammes for Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary School teachers are conducted by the Department, A Co-ordinator in the rank of Assistant Professor heads the Department
The college runs two centres - one at Meston Campus and the other at Muttukkadu, a rural village 30 Kms away from the city for differently abled children.
IGNOU Study centre
This centre has been functioning since 2003 under the Regional Directorate of IGNOU, Taramani, Chennai. It provides educational training and facilitates for the 100 B.Ed. students admitted every year by IGNOU.
Bharathiar University Study Centre
This centre is started in 2009. It conducts classes for the award of B.Ed. degree through ODL system.
Student Christian Movement
The Student Christian Movement enables the students to sustain the core of religious spirit, love and service to the people in and around the campsite.